Some weeks are busier than others, which can make it more challenging to find time to exercise. When I am pressed for time at the gym I use a bosu ball and weights to get a full body workout in a short amount of time. By providing an unastable surface for you to workout on, the bosu ball forces you to engage your core and muscles more than you would if you did the exercises on the ground.
Below is my go to bosu ball workout. For each exercise I have provided a link to a video that demonstrates how to perform it.
30 Minute Bosu Ball Workout
3 Minute Cardio Warm up: ride the bike, walk or jog on the treadmill, or do the elliptical machine
Set 1 (complete 3 rounds)
- Squat with weights- 16 times (video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVIFNxCp56c)
- Up and Over the bosu ball- 30 seconds (pleast note that the video shows doing the exercise with weights but I do it without: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hJWIQI6G8U)
- Bicep curl with weights- 16 times (video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiTkXELBWwQ)
Crunches on the bosu ball- 15 times- the closer you sit to the dome the harder the exercise is
Set 2 (complete 3 rounds)
- Push-ups- 16 times (video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77cjqnffXE0)
- Burpee with Shoulder Press- 30 seconds (video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7TFoOHhNHI)
- Lunges – 12 times on each leg (video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPrTq0I3KCA)
Crunches on the bosu ball- 15 times
Even though this workout only takes about 30 minutes to complete, it gets my heart rate up and challenges my muscles. I am always a sweaty mess when I am done!