There is no question that I hate more than, “what do you want to do for dinner tonight?” It is simply the worst. It seems like every night Ray and I are discussing what we should eat for dinner and trying to come up with a plan. Yesterday, I had planned to do a strength training workout right after work and I knew I wouldn’t have time to workout and go to the grocery store. Whole Foods is close to my work, so I decided to run over there on my lunch break to grab lunch and pick up stuff for dinner. I was prepared to aimlessly wander around the store trying to figure out what to buy for dinner, but surprisingly it didn’t take my long to get inspired. The butcher case had pork chops that were priced well and looked great. Ray and I both like pork chops and we had not had them in awhile so I figured it was meant to be.
Spicy Asian Pork Chops
- 2 boneless pork chops
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili garlic sauce (the more you add the spicier the pork chops will be)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. If you don’t have a grill you can cook the pork chops on the stove.
- Place the pork chops in a container and pour the soy sauce, canola oil, and teriyaki sauce over them.
- Pour the desired amount of the chili garlic sauce equally on top of each pork chops.
- Place the pork chops directly on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes and turn them over every 5 minutes. To help keep the pork chops moist add a little sauce to them after you flip them.
- After 15 minutes, turn the heat up on the grill a little and continue to turn the pork chops and add sauce every few minutes. By turning the heat up on the grill, it will char the outside of the pork chops and help cook them completely.
- Cook the pork chops until the center is no longer pink.
While Ray was prepping and grilling the pork chops, it was my responsibility to make the sides. I decided to make brown rice and broccoli because I thought they would compliment the flavors of the pork chops well. I cooked the brown rice per the package instructions. To make the broccoli, I brought water to a boil on the stove and added the broccoli. I let the broccoli cook in the boiling water for about 5 minutes.
Dinner last night was delicious. I enjoyed every bite of it!