Last Wednesday Ray had to get up early for work and usually I would just roll over and go back to bed until my alarm went off. However, I decided to wake up and get my day going as well. It was grey and cold out so I thought Banana Oatmeal sounded like a good way to start the day.
- 1 banana
- ½ cup old fashioned oats (I used Quaker Oats)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 scoop of peanut butter
Note: This recipe is for one serving. I doubled it in order to make enough for Ray and I.
1) Slice up the banana into bite size pieces.
2) Combine the oats, milk, and banana pieces in a pot on the stove.
3) Cook the mixture over medium heat until the oatmeal thickens, stirring occasionally.
4) Once the oatmeal reached desired thickness, remove from heat, and add a scoop of peanut butter.
It might not seem like a big deal that I woke up early and cooked Ray and I breakfast before going to work, but for me it is. Waking up early and giving myself enough time to get ready for work is not my strong suit ( I am working on it). You have to give yourself credit for the small victories in your life; for me cooking and eating breakfast at home before work was a small victory.